Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Planning Guatemala Trip



I am planning a trip to Guatemala on February 23, Deo Volente.
I already have some background but will be learning more before I go.
Will start off in Antigua where my wife is from and where a friend's daughter's Catholic wedding is taking place -World Heritage Site colonial city.
I also plan to write during the trip -at least this is my intention; it would be fun to write a simple travelogue in Spanish and English
Geograhically this little country of 13 million people seem to have it all:
a variety of warm tropical microclimates
mountains, valleys, two coastes, plenty of volcanoes -some active
beautiful lakes,
Maya ruins, Tikal the highest pyramid
Colonial Cities

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul, I hope you have a wonderful journey. I spent a week on a property assignment in Januray 2008 - just before the bubble burst. I travelled all over the island looking at property. I think I was in every village on the island. I really loved it and thought it a wondeful place. Enjoy!! P

    ReplyDelete