Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Got Counselor License, Will Travel!




I have learned to be a person of Deep Faith; I hope some of that appears in my memoir and in the pages of REGAIN -especially a couple of travel notes regarding our conferences- I have accepted God's plan over me, after all the twists and turns, crises and unexpected happenings. I have accepted that my life is backwards compared to others, who often begin in the world, getting a job, finding love, getting married,  having children, and building a career.
I have all of the above -except children- but almost in reverse order, or late in life.

Case in question, just got my professional counselor's license at the age of 66, more as a confirmation and badge of honor than as a door opener.

I accept that back to front ness and that upside down-ness in my life; and maybe I would not have chosen otherwise; because I am a stubborn and individualistic kind of person, and love to do things my way. It's weird, drole, that my stubbornness and God's plan kind of coincided. But the bottom line was that I had to learn to trust Him.

Now, its very simple: What do You want me to do with this license, Lord?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Mr Lonely,
    thanks for visiting me; i left a short message; I actually am a counselor in my day job! It is better to get advice from a professional counselor instead of all the cheap advice your can get on the Internet...

    ReplyDelete