Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Licensed Professional Counselor Application Approved!

                                                 I feel like the Duomo of Florence

Today the letter from the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Professions arrived by snail mail.

"The Board of Counseling has approved your application for licensure as a professional counselor in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and we are pleased to notify you that you have been approved to sit for the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination...."

A huge achievement for this little guy! The final stamp of approval to a change of career and profession that I started in 1985 when I left the Legion of Christ at the age of 41 and moved to the diocese of Washington, DC. Once I had a stable assignment  I was able to devote a certain amount of time and money to continuing education in the area of Counseling. When I decided to leave the active ministry four years later [1989] I got my Masters in Counseling; but with no professional counseling experience and needing to find a job to pay the rent and survive I had to take what I got. Stabilizing my move to fending for myself financially I gradually moved toward a professional career in Counseling. I suppose it is an Introvert's patient pace towards his goals...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! what a wonderful achievement. I wish you every happiness and joy in your new career.

    If I lived near you, I would choose you as my own counselor.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your hard work and pusuit of understanding and will to share this knowledge to help others. Thank you!
    -Koolaid Pissed (can't get my ID to work)

    ReplyDelete